Yom Teruah falls on the New Moon 🌒 It's an unbelievably beautiful sight to take in. We blow the shofar on this night to sound the warning call that judgement is near. I hope these little activities help you get into the season of fall 🍂
- I invite you to take your children out in the evenings to gaze at the moon beginning on Yom Teruah/Rosh Hashanah.
- Follow the moon's phases until the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur).
- Blow the shofar each of the 10 nights leading up to Yom Kippur as a reminder that judgement is near.
- Prepare your hearts for this special time of the year.
- If you want, continue to check the evening sky and take note of the moon phase on the very first night of Sukkot (hint...it will be a bright night 🌕)
This is a homeschool digital download to be printed at home. Suitable for primary grades and inspired by a classical homeschool curriculum. All lessons based on the TLV or ESV bible version
2-Yom Teruah/Rosh Hashanah Flashcards
4-Cut & paste activity Sheets